In the foreground is the closed Baltimore & Ohio Railroad passenger terminal located on at Carter and Canal Roads in Cleveland. The depot opened in 1897 and was in use until 1933 when the Union Terminal opened next door opened. It is adjacent to and owned by Sherwin-Williams Corporation. The building no longer has its clock tower or peaked roof, both lost to a fire and its train shed is also long gone. There have been repeated attempts to come up with a new use for the building, particularly tied in with the industrial history of the Flats.
In the background is the Carl B. Stokes Federal Courthouse. The 23-story building is 430 feet tall and is located at the corner of Huron Road and Superior Avenue. It is named after Carl Stokes, the 51st mayor of Cleveland and the first African American mayor of a major city. Construction began in 1999 and was completed in 2002. The building is adorned by Cleveland Venus, a 37-foot tall bronze sculpture created by Ohio artist Jim Dine. The headless and armless statue is one of the sculptor's variations on the Venus de Milo.
This is a high-quality 8x10 print, ready for framing. Photo ships within a few days of the order via USPS. All rights are reserved by the photographer and the photo cannot be reproduced without written permission.