John Carroll University was founded in 1886 by the Society of Jesuits under the title of St Ignatius College as a "college for men". It has been in continuous operation as a degree-granting institution since that time. Founded as the 19th of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States, it is a member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities. In 1923 the college was renamed John Carroll University, honoring the first archbishop of the U.S. Catholic Church, who founded Georgetown University. In 1935, it was moved from its original location on the west side of Cleveland to its present site in University Heights, which changed its name from Idlewood Village.
This is a high-quality 8x10 print, ready for framing. Photo ships within a few days of the order via USPS. All rights are reserved by the photographer and the photo cannot be reproduced without written permission.