The Lorain–Carnegie Bridge is an Art Deco truss bridge crossing the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland Ohio. The bridge connects Lorain Avenue on Cleveland's west side and Carnegie Avenue on the east side, ending just short of Progressive Field. Pairs of statues designed by sculptor Henry Hering and architect Frank Walker, titled the "Guardians of Transportation", stand on pylons at each end of the viaduct, symbolizing progress in transportation. The bridge opened in 1932.
Built by the Van Sweringen brothers, the Terminal Tower was to serve as an office building atop the city's new rail station, the Cleveland Union Terminal. Originally planned to be 14 stories, the structure was expanded to 52 floors with a height of 708 feet and rests on 280-foot caissons.
Designed by the firm of Graham, Anderson, Probst & White, the tower was modeled after the Beaux-Arts New York Municipal Building by McKim, Mead & White. The Terminal Tower opened for tenants as early as 1928, though the Union Terminal complex wasn't officially dedicated until 1930. It would remain the tallest building in the world outside of New York City until the completion of the main building of Moscow State University in Moscow in 1953 and would continue as the tallest building in North America, outside of New York City, until the Prudential Center in Boston, Massachusetts was completed in 1964.
Key Tower was designed by architect César Pelli. It is the tallest building in both the city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio, the18th tallest building in the United States, and the 104th tallest building in the world. The building reaches 57 stories or 947 feet to the top of its spire, and it can be visible for up to twenty miles away.
This is a high-quality 8x10 print, ready for framing. Photo ships within a few days of the order via USPS. All rights are reserved by the photographer and the photo cannot be reproduced without written permission.
|PERSONALIZATION OPTIONS||Not Customizable|