Built by the Van Sweringen brothers, the Terminal Tower was to serve as an office building atop the city's new rail station, the Cleveland Union Terminal. Originally planned to be 14 stories, the structure was expanded to 52 floors with a height of 708 feet and rests on 280-foot caissons.
Designed by the firm of Graham, Anderson, Probst & White, the tower was modeled after the Beaux-Arts New York Municipal Building by McKim, Mead & White. The Terminal Tower opened for tenants as early as 1928, though the Union Terminal complex wasn't officially dedicated until 1930. It would remain the tallest building in the world outside of New York City until the completion of the main building of Moscow State University in Moscow in 1953 and would continue as the tallest building in North America, outside of New York City, until the Prudential Center in Boston, Massachusetts was completed in 1964.
This is a high-quality 8x10 print, ready for framing. Photo ships within a few days of the order via USPS. All rights are reserved by the photographer and the photo cannot be reproduced without written permission.